Seven Beach Aid presents
Sunday 11th March 2012
In association with Golders Green Parish Church
14:00 – 16:30 (doors open at 13:30)
(Golders Green Parish Church, West Heath Drive, London, NW11 7QG)
One year on from the Great East Japan Earthquake and tsunami which devastated so much of the coastal area around Tohoku, Seven Beach Aid would like to invite everyone to send an important message to Japan: You Are Not Forgotten.
In this special event on Sunday 11th March 2012, there will be an opportunity to hear about the progress that has been made in Tohoku during the last year, and to light a candle for those who were affected.
- Listen to the experiences of people in Japan, and those who have helped.
- Live music from guitarist and singer Saara Takase, pianist Motoki Hirai and more…
- Craft activities for children.
- Photo exhibition.
- Upload a message to Japan!
- Light a candle for Japan.
- Special message and prayer for people suffering in Japan by Rev’d Rex Morton.
- Light refreshments will be provided.
The event will also be broadcast live over the Internet via Ustream. Check youarenotforgotten.org.uk for details.
Seven Beach Aid is a charity supporting the people of Shichigahama, a town in Miyagi prefecture, north-east Japan, which was badly affected by the 11 March 2011 earthquake and subsequent tsunami.
Our aim is to show support to Seven Beach (Shichigahama Town) and surrounding affected areas through an online community, by financial giving, and showing compassion and concern.
For more information, contact: email@example.com